BYU vs. No. 6/7 Baylor - Game 11
BYU basketball will host No. 6/7 Baylor on Saturday at noon in the Marriott Center.
BYU Cougars (8-2, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose (Houston, 1983)
- Career Record: 167-47 (7th season)
- Record at BYU: Same
— vs. —
Baylor (8-0, 0-0 Big 12)
- Head Coach: Scott Drew (Butler, 1993)
- Career Record: 152-126 (10th season)
- Record at Baylor: 132-115 (9th season)
- BYU leads 5-2
- Last Meeting: BYU won 100-58, 12/1/79
- Provo: 4-1
- Waco: 0-1
- Neutral: 0-1
- Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011 • 12 p.m. MST
- Provo, Utah • Marriott Center (22,700)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play) and Blaine Fowler (analyst)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM • BYU Radio - Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play) and Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Audio: KSL.com
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
BYU will host Buffalo on Tuesday, Dec. 20, in the Marriott Center at 7 p.m. MST. Listen live on the radio beginning with the pregame show at 11 a.m. MST on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM or via the Internet at KSL.com. The game will be televised live on BYUtv and BYUtv.org.
- With Saturday’s game, BYU will have hosted a top-10 team for four-straight seasons. In addition, BYU has played at least one game against a top-10 team each season since 2006-07. The Cougars are 3-7 in those games but were 2-1 against top-10 teams last season.
- Senior Noah Hartsock has been BYU’s most consistent contributor this season, averaging 17.3 points, 6.9 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 2.6 blocks per game. He is shooting .565 from the field, .429 from three and .841 from the free throw line, has scored in double figures in every game this season and has posted two double-doubles.
- Against Weber State BYU scored 47 points in each half for a season-best 94 points. The 47 points in the first half were the most scored by the Cougars in a first half this season.
- As of 12/13/11, BYU leads the West Coast Conference in eight categories (scoring offense, scoring margin, 3-PT FG % defense, rebounding offense, blocks, assists, defensive rebounds, assist/turnover ratio), is second in the league in four (scoring defense, FG %, FG % defense, 3-Pt FG %) and third in three (3-Pt FG made, rebounding margin, turnover margin). BYU is top three in 15 of 21 categories.
- Freshman Nate Austin has caught fire as of late, totaling 38 points on 17 of 22 (.773) shooting the last four games. He had career highs of 15 points and nine boards vs. Weber State.
- Dave Rose is one of the most successful coaches in the history of BYU basketball. He is second in program history in wins (167), first in winning percentage (.780) and has led the Cougars to five-straight NCAA Tournament berths and four conference titles. He also earned three Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year awards.