BYU basketball will take on UC Santa Barbara on Thursday, Dec. 22, at 7 p.m MST in the Marriott Center.
BYU Cougars (9-3, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose (Houston, 1983)
- Career Record: 168-48 (7th season)
- Record at BYU: Same
— vs. —
UC Santa Barbara (5-4, 0-0 Big West)
- Head Coach: Bob Williams (San Jose State, 1975)
- Career Record: 407-275 (24th season)
- Record at UCSB: 222-174 (14th season)
- BYU leads 4-1
- Last Meeting: BYU won 69-56, 12/21/02
- Provo: 3-0
- Santa Barbara: 1-1
- Neutral: 0-0
- Thursday, Dec. 22, 2011 • 7 p.m. MST
- Provo, Utah • Marriott Center (22,700)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play) and Blaine Fowler (analyst)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM
- BYU Radio - Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play) and Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Audio: KSL.com
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
BYU will host Cal State San Marcos on Tuesday, Dec. 27, in the Marriott Center at 7 p.m. MST. Listen live on the radio beginning with the pregame show at 11 a.m. MST on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM or via the Internet at KSL.com. The game will be televised live on BYUtv and BYUtv.org.
- Senior Noah Hartsock has been BYU’s most consistent contributor this season, averaging 17.0 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 2.3 blocks per game. He is shooting .572 from the field, .375 from three and .833 from the free throw line, has scored in double figures in every game this season and has posted two double-doubles.
- Brock Zylstra scored a career-high 26 points vs. Buffalo, hitting 9 of 16 from the field and 4 of 10 from three. Anson Winder also registered a career high 20 points, hitting his first five 3-pointers and finishing 6 of 7 from downtown and 7 of 8 overall.
- Freshman Matt Carlino followed his 18-point debut against Baylor with a double-double against Buffalo with 10 points, 11 assists, seven rebounds and three steals.
- After going scoreless in the first half against Buffalo, Noah Hartsock scored BYU’s first nine points of the second half and finished with 16 on 7 of 9 shooting.
- Against Baylor Brandon Davies have one of his best games of the season, posting a double-double with 18 points, 13 rebounds — including five on the offensive glass — and one assist, one block and one steal.
- Dave Rose is one of the most successful coaches in the history of BYU basketball. He is second in program history in wins (168), first in winning percentage (.778) and has led the Cougars to five-straight NCAA Tournament berths and four conference titles. He also earned three Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year awards.
Connor Harding, Richard Harward and Trevin Knell were recognized for their success on and off the court when the West…
BYU men’s basketball senior guard Alex Barcello is returning for the 2021-22 season, he announced Friday night at BYU’s…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that guard Te’Jon Lucas will join the team as a graduate…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that Atiki Ally Atiki has signed a scholarship agreement to…