BYU will host San Diego in a West Coast Conference matchup on Saturday, Dec. 31, at 4 p.m. MST.
BYU Cougars (11-4, 0-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose (Houston, 1983)
- Career Record: 170-49 (7th season)
- Record at BYU: Same
— vs. —
San Diego (5-7, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Bill Grier (Oregon, 1990)
- Career Record: 60-82 (5th season)
- Record at San Diego: Same
- BYU leads 2-0
- Last Meeting: BYU won 64-49, 12/11/02
- Provo: 1-0
- San Diego: 1-0
- Neutral: 0-0
- Saturday, Dec. 31, 2011 • 4 p.m. MST
- Provo, Utah • Marriott Center (22,700)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Jarom Jordan (play-by-play) and Blaine Fowler (analyst)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM ° BYU Radio - Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play) and Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Audio: KSL.com
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
BYU will play at Loyola Marymount in a WCC matchup on Thursday, Jan. 5, at 6 p.m. PST. Listen live on the radio beginning with the pregame show at 5 p.m. PST on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM or via the Internet at KSL.com. The game will be televised live on BYUtv and BYUtv.org.
- Saturday’s game against San Diego will be BYU’s first West Coast Conference game in the Marriott Center. The Cougars were members of the Mountain West Conference from 1999 to 2011. During that time they won six conference titles, including four under Dave Rose, and posted a conference record of 126-54 (.700). In Rose’s six seasons coaching in the MWC, BYU won at least 12 conference games and finished no worse than second place.
- Senior Noah Hartsock has been BYU’s most consistent contributor this season, averaging 17.2 points, 5.9 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 2.0 blocks per game. He has scored in double figures in every game this season, has shot .500 or better in all but two games and .600 or better in seven games.
- Freshman Matt Carlino has scored in double figures in his first five collegiate games. He had an 18-point debut against Baylor, a double-double against Buffalo with 10 points and 11 assists, 22 points vs. UC Santa Barbara, 19 points vs. Cal State San Marcos and 13 at Saint Mary’s.
- Junior Brandon Davies is having a well rounded season, averaging at least one of everything at 12.3 points, 7.2 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 1.1 blocks and 1.4 steals. He has also posted two double-doubles with 18 points and 13 rebounds against No. 6 Baylor and 14 points and 13 boards vs. Cal State San Marcos. He posted career highs of 28 points and 5 steals at Saint Mary’s.
- Dave Rose is one of the most successful coaches in the history of BYU basketball. He is second in program history in wins (170), first in winning percentage (.776) and has led the Cougars to five-straight NCAA Tournament berths and four conference titles. He also earned three Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year awards.
Connor Harding, Richard Harward and Trevin Knell were recognized for their success on and off the court when the West…
BYU men’s basketball senior guard Alex Barcello is returning for the 2021-22 season, he announced Friday night at BYU’s…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that guard Te’Jon Lucas will join the team as a graduate…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that Atiki Ally Atiki has signed a scholarship agreement to…