BYU basketball will play at Loyola Marymount in a West Coast Conference matchup on Thursday, Jan. 5, at 6 p.m. PST.
BYU Cougars (12-4, 1-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose (Houston, 1983)
- Career Record: 171-49 (7th season)
- Record at BYU: Same
— vs. —
Loyola Marymount (8-6, 1-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Max Good (Eastern Kentucky, 1969)
- Career Record: 282-291 (20th season)
- Record at LMU: 40-68 (4th season)
- LMU leads 2-1
- Last Meeting: BYU won 91-62, 1/3/08
- Provo: 1-1
- Los Angeles: 0-1
- Neutral: 0-0
- Thursday, Jan. 5, 2012 • 6 p.m. PST
- Los Angeles, Calif. • Gersten Pavilion (4,156)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play) and Blaine Fowler (analyst)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM
- BYU Radio - Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play) and Steve Cleveland (analyst)
- Live Audio: KSL.com
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
BYU will host San Francisco in a WCC matchup on Saturday, Jan. 7, at 4 p.m. MST. Listen live on the radio beginning with the pregame show at 3 p.m. MST on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM or via the Internet at KSL.com. The game will be televised live on BYUtv and BYUtv.org.
- Junior Brandon Davies was named the West Coast Conference Player of the Week after averaging 21.0 points and 14.0 rebounds in three games last week, including a 28-point effort at Saint Mary’s and BYU’s first 20-20 game since 1975 with 21 points and 22 rebounds against San Diego. Overall he is having a well rounded season, averaging at least one of everything at 12.9 points, 8.1 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 1.1 blocks and 1.4 steals.
- Senior Noah Hartsock has been BYU’s most consistent contributor this season, averaging 17.1 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.9 blocks per game. He has scored in double figures in every game this season, has shot .500 or better in all but three games and .600 or better in seven games.
- Freshman Matt Carlino scored in double figures in his first five collegiate games. He had an 18-point debut against Baylor, a double-double against Buffalo with 10 points and 11 assists, 22 points vs. UC Santa Barbara, 19 points vs. Cal State San Marcos and 13 at Saint Mary’s. His streak of double-figure games ended with eight points against San Diego.
- Dave Rose is one of the most successful coaches in the history of BYU basketball. He is second in program history in wins (171), first in winning percentage (.777) and has led the Cougars to five-straight NCAA Tournament berths and four conference titles. He also earned three Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year awards.
Connor Harding, Richard Harward and Trevin Knell were recognized for their success on and off the court when the West…
BYU men’s basketball senior guard Alex Barcello is returning for the 2021-22 season, he announced Friday night at BYU’s…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that guard Te’Jon Lucas will join the team as a graduate…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that Atiki Ally Atiki has signed a scholarship agreement to…