BYU vs. San Francisco - Game 18
BYU basketball will host San Francisco in a West Coast Conference matchup on Saturday, Jan. 7, at 4 p.m. MST.
BYU Cougars (13-4, 2-1 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose (Houston, 1983)
- Career Record: 172-49 (7th season)
- Record at BYU: Same
— vs. —
San Francisco (10-6, 0-2 WCC)
- Head Coach: Rex Walters (Kansas, 1993)
- Career Record: 83-91 (6th season)
- Record at USF: 52-58 (4th season)
- Series tied 5-5
- Last Meeting: BYU won 69-43, 12/5/09
- Provo: 3-0
- San Francisco: 0-4
- Neutral: 2-1
- Saturday, Jan. 7, 2012 • 4 p.m. MST
- Provo, Utah • Marriott Center (22,700)
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play) and Blaine Fowler (analyst)
- Live Video: BYUtv.org
- Radio: KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM
- BYU Radio - Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play) and Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Audio: KSL.com
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
BYU will host Santa Clara in a WCC matchup on Saturday, Jan. 14, at 6 p.m. MST. Listen live on the radio beginning with the pregame show at 5 p.m. MST on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM or via the Internet at KSL.com. The game will be televised live on ESPNU and ESPN3.com.
- Junior Brandon Davies had his fourth double-double of the season and third in four games with 15 points and 10 rebounds vs. Loyola Marymount. He is coming off being named the West Coast Conference Player of the Week after averaging 21.0 points and 14.0 rebounds in three games last week. Overall he is having a well rounded season, averaging at least one of everything at 13.0 points, 8.2 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 1.2 blocks and 1.3 steals.
- Senior Noah Hartsock has been BYU’s most consistent contributor this season, averaging 17.3 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.8 blocks per game. He has scored in double figures in every game this season, has shot .500 or better in all but three games and .600 or better in eight games. Hartsock was named the WCC Player of the Month for December.
- Junior guard Craig Cusick hit three big 3-pointers in the second half vs. Loyola Marymount. He has averaged 5.5 points and 1.8 assists and shot 83.3 percent from three over the last four games.
- Freshman Matt Carlino scored in double figures in his first five collegiate games. He had an 18-point debut against Baylor, a double-double against Buffalo with 10 points and 11 assists, 22 points vs. UC Santa Barbara, 19 points vs. Cal State San Marcos and 13 at Saint Mary’s. His streak of double-figure games ended with eight points against San Diego.
- Dave Rose is one of the most successful coaches in the history of BYU basketball. He is second in program history in wins (172), first in winning percentage (.778) and has led the Cougars to five-straight NCAA Tournament berths and four conference titles. He also earned three Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year awards.