BYU to Visit Utah State This Weekend
PROVO, Utah — BYU men's tennis will make the trip up to Logan this weekend to face Utah State at the Sports Academy & Racquet Club on Saturday, Feb. 27, at 11 a.m. MST.
After a week off due to the postponement of last weekend's match against Weber State, the Cougars (3-3) look to move above .500 with a victory over the Aggies (4-2). BYU leads the all-time series against Utah State, 15-4.
BYU Notes (3-3, 0-0 West Coast Conference)
- The Cougars are 3-3, most recently sweeping Idaho State, 7-0, two weekends ago.
- BYU has wins over Grand Canyon, Weber State and Idaho State. The Cougars three losses were at Oregon (twice) and to New Mexico at home.
- The Cougars are led by seniors Sean Hill and Ben Gajardo, who each have five singles wins on the season, and have won their last three singles matches.
- BYU went with a different doubles lineup for the first time all season in the match against Idaho State on Feb. 13. The Cougars' doubles pair of Ben Gajardo & Sam Tullis is 3-2 on the year.
Head Coach - Dave Porter
- Alma Mater: BYU, 1975
- Division 1 Coaching Record: 3-3 (1st Season)
- Record at BYU: Same
BYU Doubles Records
- Ben Gajardo & Sam Tullis (3-2)
- Jack Barnett & Sean Hill (2-2)
- Matheus Ferreira Leite & Mateo Vereau Melendez (1-4)
- Ben Gajardo & Matheus Ferreira Leite (1-0)
- Sean Hill & Sam Tullis (1-0)
- Jack Barnett & Mateo Vereau Melendez (0-1)
- Sean Hill & Dominik Jakovljevic (0-0)
BYU Singles Records
- Sean Hill (5-1)
- Ben Gajardo (5-1)
- Sam Tullis (3-3)
- Dominik Jakovljevic (3-3)
- Jack Barnett (2-2)
- Matheus Ferreira Leite (2-1)
- Mateo Vereau Melendez (1-4)
Utah State Notes (4-2, 0-0 Mountain West Conference)
- The Aggies are 4-2, with their most recent win coming on a 7-0 sweep of Colorado Mesa last weekend.
- Utah State has wins over Idaho State, Eastern Washington, Weber State and Colorado Mesa.
- The Aggies two losses came at Gonzaga and against Denver at home. Utah State also had a match against Seattle scheduled for the second week of the season that was canceled.
- The last meeting between BYU and Utah State was on Feb. 22, 2020. The Cougars defeated the Aggies, 4-1.
Head Coach - Aaron Paajanen
- Alma Mater: Point Loma Nazarene, 2004
- Division 1 Coaching Record: 36-52 (6th Season)
- Record at Utah State: 7-13 (2nd Season)
Match Information - February 27
BYU men’s tennis (5-4, 1-0 WCC) beat Santa Clara (2-2, 0-1 WCC), 5-2, at the BYU Outdoor Tennis Courts on Saturday.
The BYU men's tennis match against Montana scheduled for Friday, March 5, at 2 p.m. MST in the BYU Indoor Tennis Courts…
PROVO, Utah — BYU men's tennis completed a 7-0 sweep of Montana at the Outdoor Tennis Courts on Friday afternoon. It…
BYU men's tennis will be back at home this week for two weekend matches. The Cougars will host Montana on Friday, Mar.…