PROVO, Utah – No. 6 BYU men’s volleyball begins the season this week with a pair of nonconference neutral-site matchups against No. 2 Loyola-Chicago and No. 9 Lewis.
The Cougars (0-0) return five starters this season from last year’s squad that finished 21-9 and 18-6 in Mountain Pacific Sports Federation play.
- BYU first faces off against Loyola-Chicago (0-0) Friday at 5 p.m. PST on a neutral court at Stanford.
- The Cougars are 4-2 all-time against the Ramblers. The defending national champions picked up the last win in the series in Chicago 3-0.
- Loyola-Chicago played an exhibition match against Windsor last week, winning a close battle in five sets.
- The Ramblers were picked to finish first in the Midwestern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association, receiving all nine first-place votes.
- Saturday at 5 p.m. PST, BYU will take on Lewis (0-0) at Stanford’s court in its final match of the week.
- The Flyers picked up the last victory in the series 3-1 in 2014, but the Cougars hold a 12-3 overall advantage.
- Lewis swept Windsor in an exhibition match last week and will face off against UC Irvine Monday and Stanford Friday before playing BYU.
- The Flyers were picked to finish second in the MIVA behind last year’s winner, Loyola-Chicago.
Links to live stats for both matches can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars drop final regular season match against No. 6 UCLA 3-1
Brigham Young University will host the 2021 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Volleyball Championship April 22-24 in…
The No. 2 BYU Cougars have secured the top seed in the upcoming MPSF Tournament after a 3-0 victory over No. 6 UCLA.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars will travel to Los Angeles for a pair of matches at UCLA April 9 and 10.