PROVO, Utah – No. 7 BYU men’s volleyball begins Mountain Pacific Sports Federation play this week hosting No. 4 UCLA in the Smith Fieldhouse opener.
- The Cougars (1-1) face off against the Bruins (3-0) Friday and Saturday night at home in the Smith Fieldhouse, with each match beginning at 7 p.m. MST.
- UCLA leads the overall series 31-26, but BYU is 16-10 when facing the Bruins at home.
- The two teams split the regular-season series in 2014, with each team winning in four sets on its home court.
- UCLA started the season out with a 3-0 record, picking up neutral-site wins against St. Francis, No. 15 IPFW and Limestone.
- The Bruins were picked to finish fourth-place in the preseason MPSF coaches’ poll.
The Cougars split a pair of neutral-site nonconference matches last week at Stanford University. BYU fell to the defending national champions No. 2 Loyola-Chicago in four before beating No. 9 Lewis in a five-set thriller.
Both matches will be broadcast live on BYUtv and simulcast on BYU Radio. Links to live stats and an online video feed can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars drop final regular season match against No. 6 UCLA 3-1
Brigham Young University will host the 2021 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Volleyball Championship April 22-24 in…
The No. 2 BYU Cougars have secured the top seed in the upcoming MPSF Tournament after a 3-0 victory over No. 6 UCLA.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars will travel to Los Angeles for a pair of matches at UCLA April 9 and 10.