PROVO, Utah – No. 4 BYU men’s volleyball hits the road this week for a pair of conference matches against No. 8 UC Santa Barbara.
- The Cougars (3-1, 2-0 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation) face off against the Gauchos (4-2, 0-2 MPSF) both Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m. PST in Rob Gym.
- BYU leads the overall series between the two schools 35-20, including a 14-12 record when playing on the road.
- The squads split the regular-season matchups with each team winning on its home court. The two teams met for a third match last season in the MPSF semifinals where the Cougars picked up a 3-0 win.
- UCSB started the season 4-0 before dropping a pair of matches at Hawaii to start conference play.
- The Gauchos were picked to finish second in this year’s preseason coaches’ poll.
- UCSB is led by Kevin Donohue’s 4.00 kills per set, 10.90 assists per set from Jonah Seif, Hayden Boehle’s 2.38 dig average and 1.38 blocks per set from Jake Staahl.
BYU won both matches last week at home against No. 4 UCLA to begin 2-0 in league play.
Live stats will be available for both matches this week. Links can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars drop final regular season match against No. 6 UCLA 3-1
Brigham Young University will host the 2021 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Volleyball Championship April 22-24 in…
The No. 2 BYU Cougars have secured the top seed in the upcoming MPSF Tournament after a 3-0 victory over No. 6 UCLA.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars will travel to Los Angeles for a pair of matches at UCLA April 9 and 10.