PROVO, Utah – No. 5 BYU men’s volleyball returns home to the Smith Fieldhouse this week to face off against No. 9 Long Beach State.
- The Cougars (9-3, 8-2 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation) face off against the 49ers (8-4, 5-4 MPSF) Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m. MST in the Smith Fieldhouse.
- The two squads split the series a season ago, with each team winning on its home court. LBSU won the last matchup 3-1 in March of 2014.
- BYU holds a 27-21 edge in the overall series, including a 15-7 home record against the 49ers.
- LBSU was picked to finish 10th in the conference following a fifth-place finish last year.
- The 49ers are led by 3.06 kills per set from Cody Martin, an 8.47 assist average from Curtis Stallings, Ryan Windisch’s 3.03 digs per set and a 1.27 block average from Taylor Gregory.
BYU split a pair of road matches against then-No. 2 USC last week to remain in a tie at the top of the conference standings with USC and UC Irvine.
Both of this week’s matches will be broadcast live on BYUtv and simulcast on BYU Radio. Links to live stats and a video feed can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.