PROVO, Utah – No. 4 BYU men’s volleyball stays at home in the Smith Fieldhouse this week for a pair of nonconference matches against No. 13 Ball State.
- The Cougars (11-3, 10-2 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation) face off against the Cardinals (9-5, 4-3 Midwestern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association) Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m. MST in the Fieldhouse.
- The two teams last met in February of 2005 when BYU picked up a 3-0 sweep.
- The Cougars lead the overall series 8-4 and have a 6-1 record at home.
- Ball State was picked to finish fifth in the MIVA conference this season after a 22-8, 10-4 overall record in 2014.
- The Cardinals are led by 3.30 kills per set from Marcin Niemczewski, a 10.00 assist average from Hiago Garchet, David Vander Meer’s 2.36 digs per set and Matt Walsh’s 1.75 block average.
BYU won both matches last week against No. 9 Long Beach State to take sole possession of first place in the MPSF with a half-match lead.
Both matches this week will be broadcast live on BYUtv and simulcast on BYU Radio – Sirius XM 143. Links to live stats and a video feed can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars drop final regular season match against No. 6 UCLA 3-1
Brigham Young University will host the 2021 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Volleyball Championship April 22-24 in…
The No. 2 BYU Cougars have secured the top seed in the upcoming MPSF Tournament after a 3-0 victory over No. 6 UCLA.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars will travel to Los Angeles for a pair of matches at UCLA April 9 and 10.