PROVO, Utah – No. 6 BYU men’s volleyball hits the road again this week following a bye to take on No. 4 Pepperdine in a pair of conference matches.
- The Cougars (13-5, 10-4 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation) face off against the Waves (14-4, 10-4 MPSF) Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m. PDT at Firestone Fieldhouse.
- The two teams split the series a season ago, with each team winning on its home court. Pepperdine won a five-set decision while BYU took a sweep in the Smith Fieldhouse.
- The Waves lead the overall series 29-26 and hold a 21-8 advantage against the Cougars when they play at home.
- Pepperdine was picked to finish first in the MPSF preseason coaches’ poll after finishing tied with BYU for first place in the conference standings in 2014.
- The Waves are led by Parker Kalmbach’s 4.00 kills per set, 10.81 assists per set from Matt West, a 2.31 dig average from Brennan Anderson and Mitchell Penning’s 1.25 block average.
Both matches will be streamed live on pepperdinesports.com. Links to live stats can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars drop final regular season match against No. 6 UCLA 3-1
Brigham Young University will host the 2021 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Volleyball Championship April 22-24 in…
The No. 2 BYU Cougars have secured the top seed in the upcoming MPSF Tournament after a 3-0 victory over No. 6 UCLA.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars will travel to Los Angeles for a pair of matches at UCLA April 9 and 10.