PROVO, Utah – No. 6 BYU men’s volleyball returns home this week for a pair of matchups against No. 5 UC Irvine Friday and Saturday night.
- The Cougars (13-7, 10-6 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation) face off against the Anteaters (18-4, 12-3 MPSF) Friday night at 7 p.m. MDT and Saturday at 8 p.m. MDT at the Smith Fieldhouse.
- BYU won both matches a season ago, picking up a sweep at home and a five-set thriller on the road.
- The Cougars lead the overall series 43-14, including a 22-4 record when playing at home.
- UC Irvine was picked to finish fifth in league play this year after posting an 18-11, 15-9 (T-5th MPSF) record in 2014.
- The Anteaters are led by Tamir Hershko’s 3.79 kills per set, 10.82 assists per set from Michael Saeta, Michael Brinkley’s 2.51 dig average and a 1.12 blocking average from Jason Agopian.
Both matches will be broadcast live on BYUtv and simulcast on BYU Radio. Links to live stats and video feeds can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars drop final regular season match against No. 6 UCLA 3-1
Brigham Young University will host the 2021 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Volleyball Championship April 22-24 in…
The No. 2 BYU Cougars have secured the top seed in the upcoming MPSF Tournament after a 3-0 victory over No. 6 UCLA.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars will travel to Los Angeles for a pair of matches at UCLA April 9 and 10.