PROVO, Utah – No. 6 BYU men’s volleyball returns home this week for the final pair of regular-season home matches against No. 1 Hawai’i.
- The Cougars (15-9, 12-8 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation) face off against the Rainbow Warriors (23-3, 18-2 MPSF) both Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m. MDT at the Smith Fieldhouse.
- After clinching at least a share of the conference regular-season championship in 2014, BYU lost both road matches against Hawai’i in Honolulu 3-2 and 3-0.
- The Cougars lead the overall series 34-18 and hold a 21-3 advantage when the teams play in Provo.
- The Rainbow Warriors were picked to finish seventh in this season’s preseason coaches’ poll.
- Hawai’i is led by Brook Sedore’s 3.46 kills per set, a 10.68 assist average from Jennings Franciskovic, Kolby Kanetake’s 2.90 digs per set and 1.37 blocks per set from Taylor Averill.
Seniors from both schools will be honored before Saturday’s match for senior night.
Both of this week’s matches will be broadcast live on BYUtv and simulcast on BYU Radio. Links to live stats and a video feed can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars drop final regular season match against No. 6 UCLA 3-1
Brigham Young University will host the 2021 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Volleyball Championship April 22-24 in…
The No. 2 BYU Cougars have secured the top seed in the upcoming MPSF Tournament after a 3-0 victory over No. 6 UCLA.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars will travel to Los Angeles for a pair of matches at UCLA April 9 and 10.