PROVO, Utah – No. 6 BYU men’s volleyball hits the road this week for a Mountain Pacific Sports Federation quarterfinals match at No. 8 USC Saturday night.
- The Cougars (17-9, 14-8 MPSF) face off against the Trojans (18-8, 15-7 MPSF) Saturday night at 7 p.m. PDT at the Galen Center.
- The two teams split the regular-season matches earlier this year in Los Angeles. USC won the first match in five sets while BYU took the next night’s match in four.
- The Cougars lead the overall series 34-12 but have just a 13-8 record on the Trojans’ home court.
- USC finished fourth in the conference after a predicted third-place finish in the preseason coaches’ poll. BYU is the five-seed after securing the seed with two wins against top-ranked Hawai’i last week.
- The Trojans are led by Alex Slaught’s 2.93 kills per set, a 10.59 assist and 2.27 dig average from Micah Christenson and Andy Benesh’s 0.90 blocks per set.
Saturday’s match will be streamed live on Pac-12.com. Links to live stats and a video feed can be found on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars drop final regular season match against No. 6 UCLA 3-1
Brigham Young University will host the 2021 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Volleyball Championship April 22-24 in…
The No. 2 BYU Cougars have secured the top seed in the upcoming MPSF Tournament after a 3-0 victory over No. 6 UCLA.
The No. 2 BYU Cougars will travel to Los Angeles for a pair of matches at UCLA April 9 and 10.