Three Cougars named MPSF All-Academic
PROVO, Utah – Three Cougars received 2019 Mountain Pacific Sports Federation All-Academic honors, MPSF Director Al Beaird announced.
Miki Jauhiainen, Andrew Lincoln and Wil Stanley received accolades for BYU.
To be nominated for the award, student-athletes must be nominated by their institutions based on the following criteria:
- 3.00 or better cumulative grade point average.
- Student-athlete must be at least a sophomore academically.
- Student-athlete must have completed one full academic year at the institution prior to the season for which the award is received.
- Student-athlete must have competed in 50 percent or more of the institution’s competition in his or her respective sport.
BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY
Student-Athlete, GPA, Year, Position, Hometown (Last School)
- Miki Jauhiainen, 4.00, Junior, Middle Blocker, Tampere, Finland (Kuortane HS)
- Andrew Lincoln, 3.10, Junior, Outside Hitter, Phoenix, Arizona (Brophy College Preporatory)
- Wil Stanley, 3.36, Junior, Setter, Honolulu, Hawai’i (Punahou HS)
This marks the second year in a row that both Jauhiaihen and Stanley have been named to the MPSF All-Academic team.
To see the complete list of MPSF All-Academic selections, visit the conference’s website.
After a road series against UC Irvine, the Cougars (5-1) moved up to No. 11 in this week’s AVCA coaches poll. BYU split…