Regular-season finale at Saint Mary's this weekend
PROVO, Utah – Following a pair of wins early in the week, No. 20 BYU softball wraps up regular season and West Coast Conference play with a three-game series at Saint Mary’s this weekend.
BYU (42-10, 12-0 WCC) is looking to finish up conference play undefeated for the first time in program history at Saint Mary’s (16-29, 2-10 WCC). The Cougars have won 21 games in a row after winning in-state matchups against Utah Valley and Utah State.
A single game will be played on Friday at 3 p.m. PDT. The series will wrap up with a doubleheader on Saturday starting at 12 p.m. PDT. Live stats will be available for all three games on the BYU softball schedule page.
- BYU is in the midst of its longest winning streak in program history with 21-straight wins. During this span, the Cougars have picked up nine run-rule wins.
- For the fourth year in a row, BYU earned the WCC championship. This is also the ninth-consecutive conference championship for the Cougars, spanning four different leagues.
- In WCC play, BYU is a perfect 12-0. In program history, the Cougars have never been undefeated in conference play. The fewest number of conference games lost has been two, which happened in 2005, 2009, 2011, 2014 and 2015.
- At Gail Miller Field, BYU finished the year 16-0, just the second time in school history the Cougars posted an undefeated home record, the first since 2011. Only Florida State, Minnesota and Michigan have also maintained a perfect record at home this year.
Saint Mary’s Gaels (16-29, 2-10 WCC)
- The Gaels are currently in last place in the WCC, their two conference wins coming against Santa Clara and San Diego.
- BYU holds a perfect 17-0 all-time record over Saint Mary’s. The Cougars have run-ruled the Gaels just twice in the history between these programs.
- The last time BYU played in Moraga, California, the first game of the series went to 10 innings with the Cougars enduring for the 7-3 win.