SAN BRUNO, Calif. – Nine members of the 2016-17 BYU softball team were named to the West Coast Conference Commissioner’s Honor Roll, the league announced Thursday.
Arianna Paulson earned Gold Honors (4.00-3.75) for the third-consecutive year after her junior season. Freshman Brooke Vander Heide and junior Briielle Breland received Silver Honors (3.74-3.50). Six Cougars claimed Bronze Honors (3.49-3.00): Ashley Thompson, Lauren Bell, McKenzie St. Clair, Libby Sugg, Arissa Paulson and Rylee Jensen.
The elder Paulson, Thompson, Bell, St. Clair and Sugg are all repeat recipients of commissioner’s honors. As a team, BYU softball placed two more student-athletes on the honor roll than it did last season.
Student-athletes’ grades received at WCC institutions qualified them for the award. To be considered for this honor, the following criteria needed to be met:
- Individuals must have earned a varsity letter in a sport which the conference determined a champion in the recently completed academic year.
- The cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 must be based on a 4.0 scale.
- The individuals must have successfully completed an average of at least 12 graded credit hours (non-pass-fail hours) per term.
The conference recognizes those on the WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll in three separate categories:
- 4.00-3.75 - Gold Honors
- 3.74-3.50 - Silver Honors
- 3.49-3.00 - Bronze Honors
For the full release, visit the WCC website.
The BYU softball team today released its fall schedule, which includes six home games, two road games and five Blue-…
With the conclusion of the 2018-19 academic year, the West Coast Conference has announced the 18th annual WCC…
BYU softball head coach Gordon Eakin announced today that Chloe Temples and Macy Simmons will join the Cougars this…
BYU softball will hold walk-on tryouts at Gail Miller Field on Sept. 2 at 3 p.m. MDT.