Cougars host Pepperdine and travel to Saint Mary's
PROVO, Utah – BYU women's basketball returns to the Marriott Center Thursday night to host Pepperdine before traveling to Moraga, California, to face St. Mary's on Saturday.
No. 20 BYU's game Thursday is set to tip at 7 p.m. MT on BYUtv. Saturday's game at the University Credit Union Pavilion begins at 1 p.m. PT and will be streamed on the WCC Network.
Thursday's home game is going to be BYU's Cancer Awareness game with some special halftime recognitions and 500 free pink shirts for fans. Fans are encouraged to wear pink to show support.
Consistent with current BYU requirements, all in attendance at the Marriott Center will need to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test upon entry. Masks will also be required, regardless of vaccination status. COVID testing will be available at Marriott Center 90 minutes before tipoff and 30 minutes after tipoff. Find more details at byu.edu/coronavirus.
BYU vs. Pepperdine
Thursday, Feb. 10
7 p.m. MT
Video: BYUtv.org/BYUtv App
On Twitter: @BYUwbb
BYU at St. Mary's
Saturday, Feb. 12
1 p.m. PT
TV/Stream: WCC Network
On Twitter: @BYUwbb
- LAST GAME: BYU came back from down 35-20 at halftime at Gonzaga and rallied to win 62-50. BYU outscored the Zags 42-15 int he second half, including holding them to a school-record 3 points in the third quarter.
- BYU has won 27 consecutive games in the Marriott Center. The program record is 33 games, set over the 1978-80 seasons.
- Shaylee Gonzales was named to the Midseason Team for the 2021-22 Naismith Trophy for the Women’s Collegiate Player of the Year.
- BYU is ranked No. 6 in scoring margin at +18.7 points per game and ranks No. 14 in scoring offense at 77.4 points per game. The Cougars are No. 9 in assists per game (19.4) and No. 6 in assist to turnover ratio (1.40), No. 7 in field goal percentage (46.8) and No. 23 in field goal percentage defense (35.3).
Pepperdine (7-10, 3-5)
- The Waves are coming off of a 78-57 loss at San Francisco on Saturday.
St. Mary's (12-10, 6-5)
- The Gaels won three conference games in a row heading into their game at Portland on Thursday night. BYU faced Saint Mary’s on Jan. 13 in Provo and won 78-36.