BYU hosts LMU Thursday and Gonzaga on Saturday
PROVO, Utah – The No. 20 BYU women's basketball team plays its final homestand of the 2021-22 season against Loyola Marymount on Thursday and Gonzaga on Saturday's senior day at the Marriott Center.
Thursday's game is a second "Kid's Game" for the year, with more than 1,000 elementary school children expected to be in attendance. The game is scheduled for an early 11 a.m. MT tipoff at the Marriott Center. The game will be televised on BYUtv.
Saturday's game against Gonzaga will honor the five seniors on the roster, including Kayla Belles-Lee, Maria Albiero, Sara Hamson, Tegan Graham and Paisley Harding. They will be recognized following the game with a special presentation. The game is scheduled for a 2 p.m. MT start and will be televised on BYUtv.
Senior day will also be a "blackout" with the team sporting its black uniforms at home for the only time this year. Fans are encouraged to wear black and 500 free t-shirts will also be available.
Consistent with current BYU requirements, all in attendance at the Marriott Center will need to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test upon entry. Masks will also be required, regardless of vaccination status. COVID testing will be available at Marriott Center 90 minutes before tipoff and 30 minutes after tipoff. Find more details at byu.edu/coronavirus.
BYU vs. LMU
Thursday, Feb. 17
11 a.m. MT
Video: BYUtv/BYUtv App/BYUtv.org
On Twitter: @BYUwbb
BYU vs. Gonzaga
Saturday, Feb. 12
2 p.m. MT
TV/Stream: BYUtv/BYUtv App/BYUtv.org
On Twitter: @BYUwbb
- LAST GAME: BYU rallied on the road again to beat St. Mary’s 84-69. Shaylee Gonzales led the way with a career-high 35 points.
- BYU has won 28 consecutive games in the Marriott Center. The program record is 33 games, set over the 1978-80 seasons.
- KIDS GAME. Thursday’s game is another “Kid’s game” when local elementary schools are invited to come. More than 1,000 youngsters are expected to be in attendance.
- SENIOR DAY BLACKOUT. BYU will honor five seniors in Saturday’s final home game - Kayla Belles-Lee, Maria Albiero, Sara Hamson, Tegan Graham and Paisley Harding. The game is a blackout, with the team wearing black uniforms at home for the only time this year.
- Shaylee Gonzales was named to the Midseason Team for the 2021-22 Naismith Trophy for the Women’s Collegiate Player of the Year.
- Lauren Gustin is 1 of 10 finalists for the Katrina McClain Award for the nation’s top power forward. Fans can vote at hoophallawards.com.
- BYU is ranked No. 4 in scoring margin at +20.0 points per game and ranks No. 10 in scoring offense at 78.9 points per game. The Cougars are No. 2 in assists per game (19.9) and No. 4 in assist to turnover ratio (1.47), No. 3 in field goal percentage (47.7) and No. 23 in field goal percentage defense (35.8).
LMU Lions (8-15, 3-10)
- LMU is coming off a tough loss to Santa Clara. A potential game-winner rolled off the rim at the buzzer in a 62-61 loss to Santa Clara last week.
Gonzaga Bulldogs (20-5, 11-1)
- The Bulldogs have won three in a row since BYU came back and beat them in the Kennel on Feb. 5. Gonzaga plays St. Mary's on Thursday before heading to Provo.