Cougars wrap up regular season on the road at Santa Clara, Pacific
PROVO, Utah – The No. 19 BYU women's basketball team will play its last two regular-season games on the road at Santa Clara on Thursday and at Pacific on Saturday.
Thursday's matchup against the Broncos (14-12, 8-8) at the Leavey Center is set for a 6 p.m. PT tipoff and will be streamed on the WCC Network. Saturday's game at Pacific in the Alex G. Spanos Center will tip at 2 p.m. PT, also on the WCC Network.
- LAST GAME: BYU put together another big third quarter and ran away from Gonzaga with a 63-39 win on Senior Day at the Marriott Center. A record crowd of 6,289 fans attended the game––the most to ever watch women’s basketball at the Marriott Center.
- BYU has won 30 consecutive games in the Marriott Center. The program record is 33 games, set over the 1978-80 seasons.
- Shaylee Gonzales was named to the Midseason Team for the 2021-22 Naismith Trophy for the Women’s Collegiate Player of the Year and was just named a semifinalist for the Becky Hammon Mid-Major Player of the Year.
- Lauren Gustin is 1 of 10 finalists for the Katrina McClain Award for the nation’s top power forward.
- BYU is ranked No. 3 in scoring margin at +20.2 points per game and ranks No. 11 in scoring offense at 78.2 points per game. The Cougars are No. 2 in assists per game (20.1) and No. 2 in assist to turnover ratio (1.51), No. 3 in field goal percentage (47.5) and No. 23 in field goal percentage defense (35.6).
- BYU can secure a regular-season championship Saturday against Pacific, The last time the Cougars won a regular-season title was the 2015-16 season when BYU went 16-2 in the West Coast Conference. The Cougars also won the MWC regular-season under Coach Judkins in 2010-11, 2006-07 and 2005-06.
Santa Clara Broncos (14-12, 8-8)
- Santa Clara is coming off a 74-58 loss to Gonzaga on Monday. Earlier this year, BYU beat the Broncos 76-44 in Provo.
Pacific Tigers (6-20, 3-12)
- The Tigers have lost three in a row and face St. Mary's on Thursday before hosting the Cougars. BYU defeated Pacific 94-68 in January.