No. 12 Cougars face off in the Deseret First Duel
PROVO, Utah – No. 12 BYU women’s volleyball will travel to Idaho State Tuesday before returning home Friday to the Smith Fieldhouse to face Utah in the Deseret First Duel.
The Cougars (7-2) fell to No. 14 Colorado State over the weekend before sweeping UTEP and New Mexico State on their respective home courts.
- BYU will face the Bengals (3-6) for the 26th time in program history Tuesday at 7 p.m. MDT.
- The Cougars hold the overall series advantage 24-1 and have a 9-0 record at Idaho State.
- The Bengals return five starters and their libero from a team that went 20-11 (14-6 Big Sky) a season ago, which included a trip to the NCAA tournament.
- BYU will next face off against the Utes (9-0) at the Smith Fieldhouse Friday at 7 p.m. MDT.
- The Cougars lead the overall series 67-29 and have won the last three meetings.
- Utah will travel to Utah State to play a match on Wednesday before making the trip to Provo.
- The Utes went 21-13 (9-11 Pac-12) last year and advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament. They return four starters and their libero to this year’s squad.
There will be a video stream and live stats of BYU’s match against Idaho State. The match against Utah will be televised live on BYUtv. Links to live stats and video streams can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
BYU opposite hitter Kenzie Koerber collected this week's West Coast Conference Offensive Player of the Week award, the…
No. 15 BYU women’s volleyball swept Utah Valley University on Saturday in the Lockhart Area (25-16, 25-18, 25-20),…
No. 15 BYU women’s volleyball swept No. 10 Utah, handing the Utes their first loss of the season and racking up another…
Back from winning two out of three matches in Pittsburgh, No. 15 BYU prepares to face two in-state rivals this week, No…