No. 12 BYU hits the road to take on Portland and Gonzaga
PROVO, Utah – No. 12 BYU women’s volleyball hits the road again this week to take on Portland and Gonzaga.
The Cougars (23-4, 13-2 West Coast Conference) beat rival San Diego last week in four sets to take at least a share of the WCC title. With a win this week, BYU will become the lone 2014 league champs.
- The Cougars first play Portland (6-20, 1-14 WCC) at their place Thursday at 7 p.m. PST.
- BYU swept the Pilots earlier this season at home.
- The Cougars lead the overall series with a perfect 7-0 record.
- Portland is led by Emily Liger’s 3.66 kills per set average, 6.18 assists per set from Djurdjina Milovic, Katie Mardesich’s 4.47 dig average and 0.95 blocks per set from Katie Sullivan.
- BYU will finish off the week with an away match at Gonzaga (16-10, 7-8 WCC) Saturday at 12 p.m. PST.
- The Cougars came away with a three-set victory against the Bulldogs at home earlier this season.
- BYU holds a 10-1 lead in the overall series, having won each of the last five matches.
- Gonzaga is led by 4.71 kills per set from Savannah Blinn, 9.99 assists from Lauren Joseph, Morgan Douglass’ 3.40 dig average and Paige Folger’s 1.00 blocks per set.
Saturday’s match against Gonzaga will be streamed live on TheW.tv. Links to live stats for both matches can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
No. 11 BYU women’s volleyball defeated Pacific in straight sets on Thursday night in the Smith Fieldhouse, notching its…
BYU opposite hitter Kenzie Koerber collected this week's West Coast Conference Offensive Player of the Week award, the…
No. 11 BYU women's volleyball will host West Coast Conference foes Pacific and Saint Mary’s, this week with matchups on…
No. 15 BYU women’s volleyball swept Utah Valley University on Saturday in the Lockhart Area (25-16, 25-18, 25-20),…