No. 9 Cougars to face in-state foes Utah and Utah Valley
PROVO, Utah – After beating Idaho State and Oregon State twice last week, No. 9 BYU women’s volleyball hits the road one last time before conference play to face Utah and Utah Valley.
- The Cougars (8-1) first face Utah Thursday, Sept. 17, at 7:30 p.m. MDT at the Huntsman Center as part of the Deseret First Duel.
- BYU holds a 68-29 overall record against the Utes, including winning each of the previous four contests.
- Utah is 6-4 so far this season and went 1-2 over the weekend, picking up a five-set win against Seton Hall.
- The Utes were picked to finish 10th in the Pac-12 this year following a 20-13, 9-11 (T-7) finish a year ago. Utah advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament in 2014 before falling to Nebraska.
- The Cougars next travel to Orem to face Utah Valley at the PE Building Saturday, Sept. 19, at 7 p.m. MDT.
- BYU has a perfect 12-0 record against the Wolverines, including last year’s 3-0 victory at home.
- Utah Valley is 4-6 this year and went 2-1 over the weekend with wins against Ball State and Morehead State.
- The Wolverines were picked to finish fifth in the WAC after going 14-18, 8-5 (T-4) in 2014.
Thursday’s match at Utah will be broadcast live on Pac-12 Network while Saturday’s match will be streamed on the WAC Digital Network. Links to live stats for both matches can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.