No. 14 Cougars host Saint Mary's and Pacific
PROVO, Utah – No. 14 BYU women’s volleyball stays at home this week for another pair of West Coast Conference matchups against Saint Mary’s and Pacific.
Last Time Out
The Cougars (19-3, 9-2 WCC) swept rival No. 24 San Diego for the second-consecutive time this season to create a tie at the top of the league standings. Alexa Gray led the way with 11 kills while Whitney Young Howard added a team-high nine blocks in the win.
- BYU first faces off against the Gaels (6-16, 1-11 WCC) Thursday, Nov. 5, at 7 p.m. MST.
- The Cougars won the last meeting between the two schools earlier this year, picking up a sweep.
- BYU leads the overall series 8-7.
- Saint Mary’s enters the contest having lost nine-straight matches and is currently sitting in 10th place in conference standings.
- The Cougars next face the Tigers (14-9, 5-7 WCC) Saturday, Nov. 7, at 1 p.m. MST.
- BYU won a come-from-behind five-set thriller at Pacific earlier this season.
- The Cougars also hold the edge in this overall series 9-7.
- The Tigers have won just four of their last 10 matches and have lost their last two.
Both matches will be broadcast live on BYUtv and simulcast on BYU Radio. Links to live stats and a video feed can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
Thursday’s match will be a ROC Party while fans will be able to meet the team and get autographs following Saturday’s match.