PROVO, Utah – No. 11 BYU women’s volleyball hits the road this week for the first time in conference play, facing Pepperdine on Tuesday before a showdown with No. 6 San Diego on Friday.
Last Time Out
The Cougars (13-1, 2-0 West Coast Conference) swept both Santa Clara and San Francisco last week to jump out to a 2-0 lead in the league standings.
- BYU will face off against Pepperdine (6-7, 0-1 WCC) Tuesday, Sept. 26, at 7 p.m. PDT at Firestone Fieldhouse.
- The Cougars lead in the overall series history 20-8. BYU won both matches last year, first in three sets in Malibu and then in four sets at home to close out the regular season.
- The Waves fell at home last week in its lone match against Loyola Marymount. Pepperdine is on a four-match losing streak heading into Tuesday’s contest.
- Last season, the Waves finished in a tie with Pacific for fifth place in the conference standings with a 17-13, 8-10 record.
No. 6 San Diego
- The Cougars will cap off the week against the No. 6 Toreros (11-2, 2-0 WCC) Friday, Sept. 30, at 7 p.m. PDT at Jenny Craig Pavilion.
- BYU has split the all-time series with San Diego equally, 6-6. However, the Cougars swept the season series against Toreros with a pair of sweeps last season for the first time since joining the WCC.
- San Diego is on a 10-match win streak, having swept both San Francisco and Santa Clara last week.
- Last year, the Toreros finished second in the WCC with a 22-10, 14-4 record and advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament.
Both matches this week will be streamed live on TheW.tv. Live stats will also be available for each match. Links can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.