PROVO, Utah – No. 16 BYU women’s volleyball returns home to the Smith Fieldhouse this week for a pair of matches against Pepperdine and Loyola Marymount.
Last Time Out
The Cougars (17-3, 6-2 West Coast Conference) fell on the road in a five-set heartbreaker against Portland before sweeping Gonzaga at its place.
- BYU faces Pepperdine (8-12, 2-6 WCC) Thursday, Oct. 20, at 7 p.m. MDT.
- The Cougars beat the Waves earlier this year on the road in four sets.
- BYU leads the overall series history 21-8.
- Pepperdine is just 1-4 in its last five matches. The Waves swept San Francisco last week before falling to Santa Clara in four on the road.
- Pepperdine currently sits in ninth place in league play, a match behind both Santa Clara and Saint Mary’s.
- The Cougars compete against the Lions (14-6, 5-3 WCC) Saturday, Oct. 22, at 1 p.m. MDT.
- BYU holds an 11-1 advantage in the overall series history. The Cougars won the first match last year at home in four before falling in five sets on the road.
- Loyola Marymount won both matches last week against the Dons and the Broncos. The Lions are 3-2 in their last five matches.
- Loyola Marymount is tied for third place in the conference standings with Pacific.
Additional Match Info
Thursday’s match against Pepperdine is the annual Pink Match. Dig Pink shirts will be available for purchase. Fans are encouraged to wear pink to the match in support of breast cancer awareness. Members of Cosmo’s Kids Club will get free admission into Saturday’s match against Loyola Marymount. There will also be other prizes and giveaways at the match.
Thursday’s match will be streamed live on TheW.tv. Saturday’s will be broadcast live on BYUtv and simulcast on BYU Radio. Links to video streams and live stats can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.