No. 13 seed BYU travels to Texas for NCAA regionals
PROVO, Utah – No. 13 seed BYU women’s volleyball hits the road for the first time in the NCAA tournament this year, facing off against No. 4 seed Texas in the regional semifinals.
Also in the regional bracket are unseeded Creighton as well as No. 12 seed Michigan.
Last Time Out
The Cougars swept both Princeton and UNLV at home in the Smith Fieldhouse in the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament.
No. 4 Texas
- BYU faces off against Texas (24-4, 14-2 Big 12) Friday, Dec. 9, at 3 p.m. CST.
- The Cougars lead the overall series history with the Longhorns 10-6.
- BYU won the last matchup in four sets during the NCAA national semifinal round in 2014 to advance to the title match.
- Texas finished second in league play to Kansas.
- The Longhorns have advanced to their 11th-consecutive regional semifinals match and 29th overall.
- Creighton is 28-6 overall on the season with a perfect 18-0 Big East record.
- The Bluejays won the only other matchup against the Cougars in 2013, taking the match in four sets.
- Creighton advanced to the regional semifinals for the second-consecutive season.
No. 12 Michigan
- Michigan is 24-10 on the year with a 11-9 B1G record, finishing sixth in the league.
- BYU hasn’t faced the Wolverines in the rally-scoring era. Michigan won the only matchup back in 1999 to open the season.
- The Wolverines are in their first regional semifinals match since 2012 and fifth overall in program history.
Additional Match Info
The official tournament headquarters page provides information on each team as well as other match information. Tickets can be purchased on the Texas ticket website and begin at $10 for general adult admission for a single-session ticket. All-session tickets start at $18. Fans are encouraged to purchase discount parking permits online in advance for $4.
Friday’s match against Texas will be televised live on ESPNU and will be available on the WatchESPN app. Saturday’s regional finals match will also be broadcast on ESPNU, which has a start time of 7 p.m. CST. Links to stats and video feeds can be found on the BYU women’s volleyball schedule page.
Former BYU women’s volleyball All-American Amy Boswell Usevitch will be inducted into the WCC Hall of Honor on Saturday…