Sky View High School
- Parents are Robert and Joanna Mantz
- His father, Robert, wrestled at Weber State University
- Born in Logan, Utah
- Has three siblings (Garrett, Clarissa and Nathan)
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Mission: Ghana Accra West
- Enjoys hiking and playing the guitar
- Also recruited by Furman, Oklahoma State, Princeton, Stanford and Utah State
- Three-time Footlocker All-American
- 2015 USA Junior Team member at World Cross Country Championships
- 4.0 GPA in high school
|Indoor Personal Bests|
|7:58.03||3000m||2021 BYU Cougar Indoor I|
|13:28.00||5000m||2021 UW Invite|
|Outdoor Personal Bests|
|3:37.96||1500m||2021 Fresno State West Coast Relays|
|4:17.15||Mile||2018 BYU Cougar Invitational|
|13:24.78||5000m||2021 Hayward Premiere|
|27:41.16||10,000m||2021 American Track League: The Track Meet|
BYU Hall of Fame
Freshman Year 2018
- Started the season with a second-place finish in the 3000m at the Cougar Indoor Invitational (8:18.70)
- Set a personal record in the 3000m with a time of 8:02.19 at the Columbia Challenge (13th place)
- Finished 10th overall in the 5000m at the Iowa State Classic (14:01.19)
- Took sixth in the 5000m (14:01.96) and 10th in the 3000m (8:02.75) at the MPSF Indoor Championships
- Received honorable mention All-America honors after finishing 22nd overall in the 10,000m at the NCAA Outdoor Championships (31:37.34)
- Earned USTFCCCA All-Academic honors
- Took 11th place in the 10,000m (29:16.78) at the NCAA West Preliminary Round to advance to the NCAA Outdoor Championships
- Ran a career-best 28:57.83 in the 10,000m to finish 14th overall at the Stanford Invitational
- Clocked a personal record in the 5000m at the Mt. SAC Relays with a time of 13:52.12 (21st place)
- Earned a personal-best 4:17.15 to take second place in the mile at the BYU Last Chance Meet
Sophmore Year 2019
- Named first-team All-American after taking seventh place (7:56.72) in the 3000m at the NCAA Indoor Championships
- Named second-team All-American after finishing in 10th place (13:51.45) in the 5000m at the NCAA Indoor Championships
- Earned the third-fastest time in the indoor 5000m in BYU history with a time of 13:39.27 at the Iowa State Classic
- Ran the fifth-fastest indoor 3000m in school history with a time of 7:50.90 to take second place at the MPSF Championships
- Competed in four meets during the 2019 indoor season
- Named first-team All-American in both the 10,000m and 5000m at the NCAA Outdoor Championships after taking 4th (29:29.93) and 7th (14:09.20), respectively
- Earned USTFCCCA All-Academic honors
- Took fifth in the 10,000m (29:00.50) and ninth in the 5000m (13:48.69) at the NCAA West Preliminary Rounds to advance to Nationals
- Recorded the sixth-fastest 10,000m in BYU history with a time of 28:18.18 at the Stanford Invitational
- Ran the second-fastest outdoor 5000m in school history with a time of 13:29.73 at the Payton Jordan Invitational
- Earned a personal best with a time of 3:45.39 in the 1500m at the Bryan Clay Invitational
- Competed in five meets during the 2019 outdoor season
Junior Year 2021
- Set a new BYU men’s 5000m record with a time of 13:28.00 to finish first at the UW Invite.
- Finished first in the men’s 3000m with a time of 7:58.03 at the BYU Cougar Indoor I.
- Finished as national runner-up in the men’s 10,000m at the NCAA Outdoor Championships with a time of 27:42.46 to garner All-America First Team honors.
- Mantz’s 10,000m time at the NCAA Outdoor Championships ranks second all-time at BYU
- Led the NCAA with a personal-best men’s 10,000m time of 27:41.16 set at the American Track League: The Track Meet.
- Became the first from BYU to receive Mountain Region Men’s Track Athlete of the Year since Miles Batty in 2011.
- Recorded the fourth-best men’s 1500m time in school history with a personal-best 3:37.96 at the Fresno State West Coast Relays.
- Broke the school record in the men’s 5000m with a personal-best time of 13:24.78to finish second at the Hayward Premiere.
- Received USTFCCCA All-Academic honors
- Finished eighth in men’s 5000m final at U.S. Olympic Trials with a time of 13:32.69
- Finished fifth in men’s 10,000m final at U.S. Olympic Trials with a time of 27:59.37.
- Met Olympic qualifying time in men’s 5000m at 13:24.78
- Met Olympic qualifying time in men’s 10,000m at 27:41.16
- Named USTFCCCA Mountain Region Men’s Track Athlete of the Year
Medical Redshirt Year
Conner Mantz - 2021 NCAA Regionals
Conner Mantz - 2021 NCAA Outdoor Championships
Conner Mantz running in the men's 10,000m final at the 2021 NCAA Outdoor Championships