American Fork High School
- Parents are Steve & Tiffany Clinger
- Wife, Morgan Bower, plays libero for BYU women's volleyball
- Major: Business Management
- Mission: Sapporo, Japan (2019-20)
- Also recruited by Oregon
- Coached by Timo Mostert at American Fork High School
- The 2016 Gatorade Cross Country National Athlete of the Year
- Two-time Gatorade Utah Runner of the Year
- A four-time Nike Cross Nationals qualifier and a two-time champion, first male athlete in NXN history to win back-to-back individual titles
- An eight-time state champion in cross country, the 1600m and 3200m
- As a senior in 2016, posted times of 15:28.4 to win the Nike Cross Nationals Final and 14:42.9 to win the 5A Utah state title – a course and meet record
- As a junior in 2015, won the Nike Cross Nationals Final with a time of 15:03.2, the 5A Utah state title with a time of 14:52.8 and the Nike Cross Nationals Southwest Regional championships in 14:42
- Closed his high school cross country career with 15-straight victories at three miles and 5K
- In track, posted personal PRs of 1:52.92 in the 800m (ran at altitude), 4:02.90 in the mile and 8:44.70 in the 3200m
|Indoor Personal Bests|
|13:28.79||5000m||2021 UW Invite|
|Outdoor Personal Bests|
|3:38.16||1500m||2021 Fresno State West Coast Relays|
|3:59.02||Mile||2021 BYU Robison Invitational|
|13:24.90||5000m||2021 Hayward Premiere|
BYU Hall of Fame
Freshman Year 2020
Sophmore Year 2021
- Clocked the second-best men’s 5000m time in program history with a 13:28.79 to finish second at the UW Invite.
- Finished 16thin the men’s 5000m at the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships with a time of 13:34.56.
- Recorded the fifth-best men’s 1500m time in program history with a personal best of 3:38.16 at the Fresno State West Coast Relays.
- Recorded the second-best men’s 5000m time in BYU history with a 13:24.90 to finish third at the Hayward Premiere.
- Claimed first in the men’s mile with a personal-best time of 3:59.02 at the BYU Robison Invitational.
- Received USTFCCCA All-Academic honors
- Finished 12th in men’s 5000m final at U.S. Olympic Trials with a time of 13:50.20
- Met Olympic qualifying time in men’s 5000m at 13:24.90
Medical Redshirt Year
Doug Padilla, Lucas Bons, Casey Clinger - 2021 Robison Invitational