Dublin Coffman HS
- Parents are Jeffrey and Rebecca Bons
- Has five siblings
- Sister, Clarissa Bons Whiting competed for BYU track and field, cross country (2013-14)
- Also recruited by Georgetown, Ohio State and Stanford
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Mission: Cote d'Ivoire Abidjan West (2018-20)
- National Merit Commended Scholar
- Advanced Placement Scholar with Distinction
- Fun Fact: can snap, whistle and raise one eyebrow all at the same time
- Instagram: bons.lucas | LinkedIn: Lucas Bons
- Personal Bests: 1:53.91 (800m), 4:09.25 (1600m), 9:08.60 (3200m)
- Runner-up in the 1600m at the 2018 OHSAA DI State Championships
- Five-time all-Ohio selection in cross country and track (2015-18)
- Ohio outdoor 4x800 relay state champion (2014)
- Academic all-Ohioan (2015-18)
|Indoor Personal Bests|
|1:53.76||800m||2021 Air Force Invitational|
|3:55.45||Mile||2021 Husky Classic|
|Outdoor Personal Bests|
|1:49.74||800m||2021 Hayward Premiere|
|3:37.68||1500m||2021 Fresno State West Coast Relays|
|3:59.28||Mile||2021 BYU Robison Invitational|
BYU Hall of Fame
Freshman Year 2022
Medical Redshirt Year
- Finished ninth in the men’s mile final at the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships with a time of 4:01.96, garnering All-America Second Team honors.
- Recorded the second-best men’s Mile time in school history with a 3:55.45to finish second and set a new personal best at the Husky Classic.
- Finished second in the men’s 3000m with a personal-best time of 8:34.39 at the BYU Cougar Indoor II.
- Finished second in the men’s 800m with a personal-best time of 1:53.76 at the Air Force Invitational.
- Recorded the third-best men’s 1500m time in program history with a 3:37.68 to finish third at the Fresno State West Coast Relays.
- Took third in the men’s 800m with a personal-best time of 1:49.74 at the Hayward Premiere.
- Took second in the men’s mile with a personal-best time of 3:59.28 at the BYU Robison Invitational.
- Received USTFCCCA All-Academic honors
Doug Padilla, Lucas Bons, Casey Clinger - 2021 Robison Invitational