- Lead a team of directors on the support staff in creating competitive advantages for the football program in recruiting, player experience, alumni relations and player development.
- Work with support staff to enhance the BYU experience and opportunities for football student-athletes.
- Finding and implementing best practices to ensure continued success and growth of the student-athletes and football program on and off the field.
- BYU Director of Football Operations (2018-2021)
- Prior to returning to BYU, Manager of Implementation Consulting at DealerSocket
- Began his football operations career as a senior student manager for BYU football during his undergraduate studies.
- MBA - W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State
- Bachelor's degree at BYU - majored in political science
- From Cincinnati, Ohio
- Served a full-time Spanish-speaking mission in Carlsbad, California
- Wife: Whitney
- Children: daughters Elle, Isla and Evie, son Baylor
As the chief of staff, Swift will focus on maximizing football opportunities in all areas of the program. Swift will lead a team of directors on the support staff and will focus on creating competitive advantages for the football program in recruiting, player experience, alumni relations and player development. He will work with his support staff to enhance the BYU experience and opportunities for the football student-athletes. Swift’s focus will be finding and implementing the best practices to ensure continued success and growth of the student-athletes and football program on and off the field.
Over the past four seasons, Swift has helped guide the growth of the program, leading the support staff and focusing on maximizing football opportunities. Swift worked closely with Coach Sitake to identify program-changing opportunities and the needed solutions to bring them to light. A few highlights from his time working as director of football operations include the locker room renovation, enhanced player and alumni experience, heightened focus on team culture and chemistry, and most recently managing the necessary growth and development of the program as it transitions to the Big 12.
Education and Professional Experience
From Cincinnati, Ohio, Swift earned an MBA from the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University. He attended BYU as an undergraduate student where he studied political science and Spanish. During his undergraduate studies, Swift received a scholarship to work as a senior student manager with the football team. In that role he worked with a select team of student mangers to ensure practice and game operations functioned efficiently.
Prior to returning to BYU in 2018, Swift worked for DealerSocket as a Manager of Implementation Consulting for the Eastern United States. In that capacity, he oversaw a team of software consultants and handled the daily operations and administrative tasks in that department. He specialized in process improvement and customer success.
Swift is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and served a Spanish-speaking mission for the Church in Carlsbad, California. He and his wife Whitney have four children, daughters Elle, Isla and Evie and a son Baylor. In his free time Swift enjoys spending time with his family and on the golf course.