Rosters Announced for Jimmer's All-Stars
PROVO, Utah — Jimmer’s All-Stars Presented by Zions Bank has officially announced the team selections for Thursday’s exhibition game featuring Fredette and other NBA draftees at the Marriott Center. The draft, which was led by team captains Fredette and former San Diego State standout Kawhi Leonard, was featured on KSL Newsradio’s draft special show with host Greg Wrubell on Saturday prior to the station’s coverage of the BYU vs. Utah football game.
The draft process began with Leonard and San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher selecting picks one and four, while Fredette and BYU head coach Dave Rose, reuniting the backcourt duo one last time in front of the Cougar fans.
“The draft was a lot of fun and helped continue the buzz about the game on Thursday,” said Fredette. “I’m excited about my team and I know Kawhi feels like he has a great squad as well. Personally, I’m really looking forward to playing one final game with Jackson in front of our home fans. We had so many great memories during our career at BYU and it will be fun to enjoy one last game night experience together at the Marriott Center.”
Jimmer’s All-Stars Presented by Zions Bank teams in draft order:
- Jimmer Fredette (first round pick of the Sacramento Kings out of BYU)
- Kenneth Faried (first round pick of the Denver Nuggets out of Morehead State)
- Chris Singleton (first round pick of the Washington Wizards out of Florida State)
- Nolan Smith (first round pick of the Portland Trail Blazers out of Duke)
- Tyler Honeycutt (second round pick of the Sacramento Kings out of UCLA)
- Jackson Emery (undrafted out of BYU)
- Chris Wright (undrafted out of Dayton)
- Charles Jenkins (second round pick of the Golden State Warriors out of Hofstra)
- Kawhi Leonard (first round pick of the San Antonio Spurs out of San Diego State)
- Kemba Walker (first round pick of the Charlotte Bobcats out of UCONN)
- Bismack Biyombo (first round pick of the Charlotte Bobcats from the Democratic Republic of Congo)
- Tobias Harris (first round pick of the Milwaukee Bucks out of Tennessee)
- Malcolm Lee (second round pick of the Minnesota Timberwolves out of UCLA)
- Vernon Macklin (second round pick of Detroit Pistons out of Florida)
- Isaiah Thomas (second round pick of the Sacramento Kings out of Washington)
- Jake Kelly (undrafted out of Indiana State)
In advance of the game, all of the players and coaches will be available to the media tomorrow night in a special sponsor/media reception at the Rock Canyon Room of the Zions Bank Financial Center (180 North University Ave. Suite 800, Provo, UT 84601) starting at 7 PM.
Tickets for the event are still on sale at the Marriott Center Box Office, www.byutickets.com or by calling 801-422-BYU1.
The following notes and quotes are from BYU’s 81-66 win against Pacific on Saturday evening at the Marriott Center in…