- For the second-consecutive game, BYU head coach Dave Rose started Matt Carlino, Anson Winder, Charles Abouo, Brock Zylstra and Brandon Davies — the sixth different starting combination of the season.
- Brock Zylstra started at the power forward (the four) for the second-consecutive game. The junior has now started 26 games, including two at the point, two at power forward and 22 at shooting guard.
- Noah Hartsock played his second-straight game coming off the bench. Last night against San Diego he scored a game-high 19 points. Tonight against Gonzaga Hartsock totaled 12.
- With 17 points against Gonzaga, Abouo has now scored in double figures in seven-straight games, the best such streak of his career. Paired with his 10 rebounds, Abouo recorded his fourth double-double of the season.
- Brandon Davies shot 7-for-11 (.636) from the field for 17 points.
- For the first time this season, the Cougars took more free throws with 24 attempts to Gonzaga’s 19. The Bulldogs took more free throws than the Cougars in the two regular season meetings, 28 to 17 and 44 to 16.
- BYU had four blocks to Gonzaga’s two.
- The Cougar bench outscored the Bulldogs’ 14-12.
- For the 13th time this season, BYU had four players in double figures for points: Davies with 17 and Abouo, Carlino and Hartsock with 12 each.
- BYU tied Gonzaga in steals with four and in turnovers with 13.
- Gonzaga held a 30-12 lead in the first half, its largest of the half. BYU closed the half by outscoring the Bulldogs 14-8 to go into the break down 38-26.
- Davies scored BYU’s first six points of the second half to cut the lead to 10 at 42-32.
- BYU and Gonzaga played in front of a sellout crowd of 7,828 in the Orleans.
- Brandon Davies entered the game with 989 career points. He scored 17 to give him 1,006 for his career to become the 44th Cougar to score 1,000 career points.
- By playing against Gonzaga, Charles Abouo tied Jimmer Fredette for the BYU record of career games played at 139. Fredette played in 139 games from 2007 to 2011.
- Abouo extended his program record for consecutive games played to 139.
Connor Harding, Richard Harward and Trevin Knell were recognized for their success on and off the court when the West…
BYU men’s basketball senior guard Alex Barcello is returning for the 2021-22 season, he announced Friday night at BYU’s…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that guard Te’Jon Lucas will join the team as a graduate…
BYU men’s basketball head coach Mark Pope announced today that Atiki Ally Atiki has signed a scholarship agreement to…