BYU basketball will play at Weber State on Saturday at 7 p.m. MST. The game will be broadcast on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM and televised on BYUtv.
BYU Cougars (6-3, 0-0 WCC)
- Head Coach: Dave Rose
- Alma Mater: Houston, 1983
- Division I Career Record: 191-57 (8th)
- Record at BYU: Same
Weber State Wildcats (4-2, 0-0 Big Sky)
- Head Coach: Randy Rahe
- Alma Mater: Buena Vista, 1981
- Division I Career Record: 124-70 (7th)
- Record at Weber State: Same
- TV: BYUtv
- TV Talent: Dave McCann (play-by-play), Blaine Fowler (analyst), Robbie Bullough (reporter)
- Live Video: byutvsports.com
- Radio: KSL 102.7 FM / 1160 AM, BYU Radio - Sirius XM 143
- Radio Talent: Greg Wrubell (play-by-play), Mark Durrant (analyst)
- Live Audio: KSL.com
- Live Stats: BYUcougars.com
- Series Record: BYU leads 27-10
- Last Meeting: BYU won 94-66, 12/7/11
- H/A/N: 19-0/8-10/0-0
|Weber State Wildcats (6-2, 0-0 Pac 12)|
|BYU Cougars (5-3, 0-0 WCC)|
- Craig Cusick and Agustin Ambrosino made their first starts of the season against Cal State Northridge, replacing Matt Carlino and Josh Sharp in the starting five. For Cusick it was his fourth career start and for Ambrosino his first. Cusick has remained a starter while Sharp has returned to the lineup.
- Josh Sharp had his best game as a Cougar against Montana, posting a season-high 13 points on 6 of 8 shooting and adding 8 rebounds.
- Tyler Haws’s 32 points against Cal State Northridge are the most points by a BYU player since Jimmer Fredette scored 32 vs. Florida in the NCAA Tournament on March 24, 2011. The only other Cougar to score 30 or more since Fredette was Matt Carlino, who scored 30 at San Francisco last season on Feb. 16, 2012.
- The Cougars played one of their best all-around games against Montana, posting a season-low seven turnovers and season highs of nine threes, .429 shooting from three and 27 free throw attempts. The 85 points, .517 shooting percentage and 11 steals were the second-best marks in their respective categories this season.
- BYU defeated Utah despite shooting just 31.1 percent (19 of 61) from the field. The Cougars have shot 31.1 percent or worse 27 times since the 1960-61 season and won just three of those games. In addition to the Utah win, BYU defeated UC Santa Barbara 57-48 on Dec. 29, 1999 while shooting 29.6 percent (16 of 54) and Air Force 68-60 on Feb. 13, 1992 while shooting 30.4 percent (17 of 56).
- Tyler Haws hit 10 of 10 from the free throw line vs. Utah, his second game this season shooting 100 percent from the line while attempting at least 10 free throws. Haws has three such games in his career, tied for the second-most in BYU history with Danny Ainge, Lee Cummard, Russell Larson and Kenneth Roberts. Jimmer Fredette holds the record for most games shooting perfect from the line while attempting at least 10 free throws with four. The record for most perfect free throw games in a season (minimum 10 attempts) is shared by Larson (1993-94) and Roberts (1994-95).
Rose vs. the state
Fast start for Tyler Haws
|Name||Class||Season||Consecutive 20-Point Games (point totals)|
|Devin Durrant||Senior||1983-84||7 (28, 35, 20, 35, 23, 33, 27)|
|Tyler Haws||Sophomore||2012-13||6 (22, 22, 23, 21, 32)|
|Danny Ainge||Senior||1980-81||5 (24, 22, 22, 29, 29)|
|Kresimir Cosic||Junior||1971-72||5 (30, 31, 33, 23, 30)|
|Michael Smith||Senior||1988-89||5 (24, 29, 30, 33, 20)|
Davies does it all
BYU head coach Dave Rose has led BYU to its most successful eight-year run since taking over in 2005. His career record of 191-57 ranks him second in BYU history in total victories and first in winning percentage (.770). Rose has been named conference coach of the year three times, district coach of the year twice and has guided the Cougars to four conference titles, six NCAA Tournament appearances and six 25-win seasons. In 2010 he led BYU to its first NCAA Tournament win in 17 years and the Cougars have also won at least one tournament game in the two seasons since, including a trip to the Sweet 16 in 2011.