Men's cross country to compete at Pre-Nationals
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – No. 5 BYU men’s cross country will return to action in the FSU XC Invite/Pre-Nationals at Apalachee Regional Park on Friday, Oct. 15.
- FSU XC Invite/Pre-Nationals
- Host: Florida State
- Location: Apalachee Regional Park | Tallahassee, Florida (Florida State will welcome the NCAA Cross Country Championships to Apalachee Regional Park on Saturday Nov. 20)
- Men's 8K Garnet Race: 8 a.m. EDT
- Tickets - fans in attendance are expected to wear masks
The Cougars conclude the regular season with Pre-Nationals after seizing first place at both the Autumn Classic in Provo, Utah on Sept. 11 and the Roy Griak Invitational in St. Paul, Minnesota on Sept. 24.
BYU’s win at Griak came over now No. 6 ranked Iowa State.
Senior runner Conner Mantz took first among individuals at both September meets and was subsequently recognized as USTFCCCA National Athlete of the Week on Sept. 27 and West Coast Conference Men’s Runner of the Month on Oct. 8.
Despite the team’s September success, recent weeks have seen the Cougars slip from No. 3 to No. 5 in the USTFCCCA national rankings.
With 11 ranked teams competing at Pre-Nationals, the meet provides BYU with a perfect opportunity for a final showcase and climb in the polls prior to the WCC Championships on Oct. 29. No. 1 Northern Arizona, No. 2 Notre Dame, No. 7 Colorado and No. 8 Arkansas are just a few of the teams the Cougars will face in a robust field of 39.
BYU will also face WCC-foe Santa Clara as well as in-state opponents No. 25 Weber State and UVU in Tallahassee.
Running for BYU at Pre-Nationals
Meet the Host
- Florida State cross country is led by head coach Bob Braman. In 21 seasons with the Seminoles, Braman’s teams have made the NCAA Cross Country Championships 14 times with 19 top-10 finishes.