BYU women's hoops travels to St. Pete Showcase in Florida
PROVO, Utah – BYU women's basketball will travel to St. Petersburg, Florida for two games in the St. Pete Showcase hosted by Eckerd College at the McArthur Center. The Cougars will play No. 17 Florida State on Thanksgiving at 7 p.m. EST and then face either No. 22 West Virginia or Purdue on Saturday.
Saturday's game will be at 11 a.m. or 1 p.m. EST depending on matchups and be announced after Thursday's games.
All games will be streamed on FloHoops, powered by FloSports. Fans can watch by downloading the FloSports TV app and watching the games on your computer, mobile device, tablet, Roku or Fire Stick. Two payment options are available for FloSports TV: A monthly subscription of $29.99 or a yearly subscription of $150. Both subscriptions can be canceled at any time.
On Twitter: @BYUwbb
- LAST GAME: The Cougars scored 101 points and rolled over Utah State 101-74 to move to 5-0. BYU had five players ind double figures in the win.
- COACH JUDKINS: Head coach Jeff Judkins did not make the trip to the St. Pete Showcase. Coach Judkins tested positive for COVID-19 and will stay home to quarantine. The remainder of the team has been tested and it’s been determined by BYU’s sports medicine staff that they are safe to travel with no other positive tests in the team travel party. Assistant coach Lee Cummard will assume head coaching duties while Coach Judkins is in quarantine.
- BYU was picked win the WCC title, receiving eight first-place votes in the preseason poll.
- The Cougars are 5-0 to start the year for the first time since the 2013-14 season. BYU started 9-0 that year and finished 28-7 and made a run to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament.
- Paisley Harding was named the WCC Player of the Week after 25 vs. Arizona State and 12 against Boise State.