- Born in Thousand Oaks, Calif.
- Parents are Doug and Fusako Barker
- Full name is Jeffery Kentaro Barker and ethnicity is half Japanese
- Brother James is a freshman on the 2015 Cougar baseball team
- Is an Eagle Scout
- Married to Kylie Richmond in July 2013
- Majoring in economics
- Prepped at Moorpark High
- Coached by Scott Fullerton
- Lettered twice in both baseball and football
Year ERA W-L APP GS CG SV IP H R ER BB SO 2011 8.10 0-0 4 0 0 0 3.1 3 3 3 2 4
Named to West Coast Conference all-tourney team ... recorded wins vs. Northern Illinois, Seattle, Kansas, St.Mary's, Loyola Marymount and Gonzaga ... threw a complete game at LMU where he struck out six in the last three innings ... victory over Gonzaga came in the WCC Tournament.
- Honorable mention All-West Coast Conference
- WCC Pitcher of the Week for upsetting No. 24 Pepperdine