Lone Peak High School
- Born in Kahuku, Hawai`i
- Parents are Howard and Mindy
- Is an Eagle Scout
- Served in the Arkansas Little Rock Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Younger brother, Micah, plays football for the Cougars as does Jacob.
- Brother Kyle signed a 2011 football letter of intent with Southern Utah
- Selected by the Kansas City Royals in the 48th round (1,439 overall pick) of the 2010 Major League Baseball Amateur Draft as a centerfielder.
- Batted .450 and was selected Athlete
- In football helped lead Lone Peak High School to a 9-3 overall record in 2009, including a 5-1 league-best mark in 5A’s Region 4 along with Alta High School ... totaled 33 tackles with four interceptions ... had five or more tackles in four games ... had 19 receptions for 380 yards and seven touchdowns and rushed three times for 20 yards on offense ... recorded season-high 137 yards with two touchdowns against American Fork ... all-state second team ... team MVP.
Year Avg. G-GS AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB-SBA 2013 .344 51-51 215 53 74 16 7 5 29 119 24 37 14-15
- Little Rock , Arkansas
BYU Hall of Fame
Freshman Year 2013
- Drafted in the second pick of the third round by the Chicago Cubs
- Louisville Slugger Freshman All-America, Collegiate Baseball newspaper
- NCBWA Freshman All-America, 2nd Team
- Baseball America Freshman All-America, 2nd Team
- Perfect Game Freshman All-America, 2nd Team
- West Coast Conference Freshman of the Year, Coaches
- College Sports MadnessWCC Freshman of the Year
- All-WCC First Team, Coaches
- College Sports Madness All-WCC, 1st Team
- All-WCC Freshman Team, Coaches
- Rawlings WCC Player of Week, UVU/Santa Clara
- Tied school record with two triples in one game vs. UC Irvine
- Led all WCC freshmen with a .380 batting average during WCC play, ripping 15 extra-base hits and scoring 26 runs.
- Slugged .630, posted a .426 on-base percentage, and stole 7 bases in 8 attempts against WCC opponents.
- Hit three game-winning RBI: Kansas (3-0), Santa Clara (3-1) and Loyola Marymount (8-3).
- Was a hit shy of hitting for the cycle three times: Utah Valley #1 (needed a triple), Santa Clara #1 (needed a single) and Gonzaga #3 (needed a home run)
- Hit for the cycle in the Fall game vs. Alumni in a 12-4 victory.
Medical Redshirt Year