Braden Hansen came to BYU as a first-team all-state selection from Alta High School in Utah. As a four-time letterman he started in all 49 games of his offensive lineman career. He helped BYU achieve a total of 14 games with more than 200 rushing yards and a combined record of 36-16. Hansen was a strong contributor to an offensive effort that helped BYU to a No. 1 national ranking in third-down conversion percentage in 2009. He was the recepient of several national and all-independent honors as a Cougar. See the season summary tabs below and the recognition and stats tabs for more details.
- Signed free agent deal with the Oakland Raiders in 2013
- Parents are Lowell and Kathey
- Brothers Brock and Chase also played football at BYU
- Served an LDS mission to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Eagle Scout
- Married to wife Lyndsey
- Business major
- Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News First-Team All-State selection
- Named a Sports Illustrated Preseason All-American
- Played defensive and offensive lineman
- Had 12 sacks as a junior
- Named first team all-region and honorable mention all-state as a junior
- Named to the Football Writers Association of America Freshman All-America First Team and Phil Steele All-Freshman First Team
- Earned College Football News Freshman Team honorable mention
- Earned letterman honors as a freshman
- Started all 13 games at left guard
- Academic All-MWC
- Played for an offensive unit that led the conference and ranked No. 17 nationally in passing per game (281.46) and No. 21 in total offense (427.15)
- Part of a unit that averaged only 1.77 sacks per game
- Vital part of an offensive line that helped BYU lead the nation with a 55.62 third-down conversion percentage on the season.
- Earned letterman honors as a sophomore ...
- Started all 13 games ...
- All-MWC honorable mention ...
- Phil Steele All-MWC Second Team ...
- College Football News All-Sophomore Team honorable mention ...
- Led the team in knockdowns ...
- Helped BYU rank No. 3 in MWC and No. 42 nationally averaging 168.1 rushing yards per game ...
- Helped BYU rank No. 3 in MWC and No. 34 nationally with 283 first downs ...
- Helped BYU achieve seven 200-yard rushing games this season, the most for BYU since 2001, including an average of 198.5 yards in eight MWC games ...
- Helped BYU hold opponents to zero sacks in four games and two or fewer in 11 games
- Named to Outland Trophy Watch List
- Earned letterman honors as a junior
- Started all 13 games
- Helped BYU rank No. 5 in third-down conversions (51.31 percent)
- Part of offensive line that blocked for 160.31 rushing yards per game and five games over 200 yards
- Offensive line No. 9 in tackles for loss allowed per game (4.31) and No. 24 in total sacks allowed (17.0)
- Part of a offensive line that allowed zero sacks in five games and two or fewer in 10 games
- Named to the Outland Trophy and Lombardi Award Watch List
- Earned letterman honors
- Started and played in 10 games
- Phil Steele All-Independent First Team and FBS All-Independent Team honorable mention
- Part of an offensive line that blocked for over 150 rushing yars per game including a 396-yard season best vs. Hawai'i
- Helped passing game top 300 yards five times during the season
- Member of the scout team
- Member of the scout team