Wide Receiver 12
Pronunciation: Poo-kuh Nah-koo-uh
- Parents are Penina and the late Lionel Nacua
- Younger brother of former BYU football players Isaiah, Kai and Samson Nacua
- Major: Family Life
- Played at Washington in 2019, 2020
- Totaled 11 games, 16 receptions, 319 yards and three touchdowns in two seasons at Washington
- Prepped at Orem HS
- MaxPreps.com and USA Today first-team All-America in 2018
- 2018 Utah Gatorade Player of the Year
- USA Today's All-Utah Offensive Player of the Year
- Named Utah's "Mr. Football" by the Deseret News
- Broke Utah state records for career receptions (260), yards (5,226) and receiving touchdowns (58)
- As a senior, caught 103 passes for 2,336 yards and 26 touchdowns, setting single-season state records in all three categories
- Scored a receiving touchdown in every game of his senior year
- Led the Tigers to a 12-2 overall record and the 4A state championship as a senior in 2018
- As a junior, caught 87 passes for 1,692 yards and 24 touchdowns, earning first-team 4A all-state from the Salt Lake Tribune
- Helped the Tigers to a 12-2 record and the 4A state title as a junior
- Also a standout on the Orem basketball team, earning coaches' second-team all-state as a junior
BYU Hall of Fame
Sophmore Year 2021
- Played in 12 games, started last seven straight (beginning at Baylor).
- Led the Cougars in receiving yards on the season with 43 grabs for 805 yards and six touchdowns with an average of 18.7 yards per reception.
- Led the team in receiving yards per game with 67.1.
- Tied with Neil Pau'u for team lead in receiving touchdowns (6).
- Finished the season as BYU's fourth-leading rusher with 14 carries for 148 yards (no yards lost) at 10.6 per carry.
- Second on the team in all-purpose yardage with 953 on the season and 79.4 per game.
- Ten games with at least one reception, four with five or more.
- Four games with over 100 yards receiving.
- Phil Steele All-Independent First Team Offense
- Pro Football Network Independent Newcomer of the Year
- Pro Football Network Independent Wide Receiver of the Year
- Pro Football Network First Team All-Independent Offense
- Posted a collegiate career-best 168 yards receiving and a touchdown off five receptions versus Baylor.
- Recorded second-best receiving performance of his career with 107 yards and a touchdown on eight receptions in BYU's 66-49 win over Virginia.
- Receiving yardage and touchdown totals versus Virginia matched that of brother, Samson's.
- Led BYU in receiving yards with 120 off six receptions and a touchdown in 59-14 win over Idaho State.
Junior Year 2022
Medical Redshirt Year
Puka Nacua catches deep pass vs. Baylor.jpg
Puka Nacua run at Baylor
Puka Nacua hauls in TD vs. Idaho State
Biletnikoff Award Watch LIst Puka Nacua
22FTB PRAC 8-5 125.jpg