HometownSalt Lake City, Utah
Previous SchoolHighland High School
- Joined BYU after a walk-on tryout in 2019
- Junior Year (2022)
- Career-high six tackles (four solo) and a sack in BYU's 50-21 win over USF on Sept. 3.
- Sophomore Year (2021)
- Named to All-Independent Second Team Special Teams by Pro Football Network.
- Recorded first career tackle in 26-17 win over No. 21 Utah.
- Combined with linebacker Ben Bywater for a team-leading five tackles (four solo, one assist) and a pass break-up in 21-19 win at Washington State.
- Tied career-high five tackles in 35-31 win at USC.
- Parents are Jason and Angie
- Married to BYU women's soccer midfielder Ellie Boren
- Graduated from BYU in April 2023 with a degree in Construction Management, begins BYU's MBA program in fall 2023
- Served a full-time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Grandfather, Bill Boren, played football at Utah
- Has a real estate license
- Loves to ski, fish and play pickleball
- Averaged 10.6 yards/carry in three seasons at Highland High School
- As a senior, had 53 carries for 737 yards and six touchdowns
- Totaled nine rushing touchdowns and 1 receiving touchdown
- Recorded 63 tackles, including 59 solo, in 31 games for the Rams
- Ran a reported 4.38 forty time