- Parents are Dan and Cyndy Parkinson
- Has four sisters and two brothers
- Sister, Holly, was a former All-American tennis player for the Cougars
- Likes water and snow skiing, creating scrapbooks
- Married to Richard Evanson and has five children
- Prepped at Westfield High
- Level 10 Regionals 1995 - 3rd all-around, 1st beam, 1st floor
- Level 10 Nationals 1995 - 7th all-around, 5th beam, 6th floor
- US Championships 1995 - 16th all-around (Junior Division)
- US Championships 1996 - 6th all-around, 5th beam, 5th vault
- American Classic 1997 - 4th all-around
- Competed in Australia in 1996 as well as in Italy and Guatemala in 1997. She placed 2nd all-around, 1st on vault, 1st on beam and 1st on bars in Guatemala
2014 BYU Hall of Fame
Kelly Parkinson Evanson finished her four-year career from 1999-02 as a Cougar gymnast with nine of the top 10 all-around scores in BYU history. As a sophomore she set a new school record of 39.550 in the all-around competition. As a senior two seasons later, she broke her own record with a new BYU mark of 39.700.
During her junior season, Evanson was ranked among the top six in the nation in the all-around. She finished her senior season ranked seventh in the nation on balance beam and 11th in the all-around.
Evanson qualified to compete in the NCAA finals three years in a row. At the NCAA Nationals in 2000, she garnered two National Association of College Gymnastics Coaches for Women All-America citations for finishing 17th in the all-around and 16th in the floor exercise. She also attained All-America honors on floor, vault and all-around as a junior.
Evanson holds seven of the top 10 all-around scores in BYU history. She has 10 scores that rank in the top 10 all-time for bars, vault and all-around. She holds a bachelor’s degree from BYU in finance.
- Suffered injury to her knee that left her one meet short of qualifying for the regional meet
- Set career highs in vault (9.850), bars (9.875), beam (9.850), floor (9.925) and all-around (39.425)
- Her career-high of 39.425 in the all-around was the second of the highest of the season for the Cougars behind only Natalie Broekman's school-record 39.475
- Set career high in vault with a 9.900 and beam with a 9.875
- Tied a school record in the floor exercise with a 9.950 against Southern Utah
- Set a new school record in the all-around by breaking Broekman's record with a 39.550 against Southern Utah
- Scored a 38.825 in the regional all-around
- Garnered two NACGC/W All-American citations for finishing 17th in the all-around and 16th in the floor exercise at the 2000 NCAA Nationals
- Academic All-American
- Ranked among the top six in the nation in the all-around
- Qualified for the NCAA Nationals for the second year in a row
- Garnered All-American honors on vault
- Finished her senior season ranked seventh in the nation on balance beam and 11th in the all-around
- Closed out her four-year career with eight of the top 10 all-around scores in BYU history
- Broke her own all-around record (39.550 set as a sophomore) with a mark of 39.700
- Academic All-American