Born in St. Paul, Minn., ... highly recruited as a basketball player ... brother Tom is on the team ... drafted in 5th round by the Detroit Tigers.
One of his four victories in 1976 was a two-hitter in a 1-0 win over Utah in Provo when Vance Law scored off of a Kim Nelson sacrifice fly in the first inning.
Year ERA W-L APP GS CG SV IP H R ER BB SO 1975 5.08 6-3 11 9 6 - 67.1 62 46 38 51 58 1976 4.72 4-6 12 12 6 - 82.0 79 55 43 5 48
- Best winning percentage on the team with a 6-3 record.
- Honorable mention All-WAC
- Struck out 15 in 8 innings in a 12-5 win vs. Wyoming in a complete game
- Struck out 11 in a 9-inning complete game 6-0 win at Colorado State
- Got his sixth win in a 10-8 decision vs. Colorado State when he didn't allow a hit through five innings, but his 8-0 lead vanished after 7.1 innings, ending a streak of 11 consecutive complete games registered by BYU pitchers.
- Got third win of the season in a 16-4 victory over Southern Utah
- Drafted in the fifth round by the Detroit Tigers
- All-Western Athletic Conference
- Struck out 15 at Colorado State in a 6-5 victory
- Registered 13 strikeouts in a game vs. Utah
- Younger brother Tom is a left-handed pitcher on the 1976 BYU team.